Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lectures (new) 2009.10.06

It is not easy to explain or admit how I am wishing. Permanently. I am supposed to be a man of science. I could resort to reasons of the psychological order for the efficiency of my mind. That would be absolutely unsatisfactory. If that was the case, I would have to inquire about the shape the meanings take, because it would be a special one. Wishful thinking. If I wander about it, life is more of a growing concept than anything else. An idealistic proposition over a small square of complex, plenty life, that sits and rules even having no grounds or strong justifications. That’s an easy thing to see now that I know how shallow I am. Surfaces become inherent to me.

 

Written language is a two-dimensional mean. Sound speaking has a dimension of intensity and a dimension of time. As long as the educated brain remains unable to comprehend in any larger scope of information, such characteristic language is the only thing required to establish a humanly understandable transit and a humanly understandable creation of knowledge. My point is that language is, by mere evidence, superficial. Civilization, being an act of the mind, relies only on the superficial scope. By living here, I am also a four-dimensional being employing a two-dimensional intelligence. How could world be understood this way? How could I make myself clear? In fact I have to admit I am not trying to be easily readable. I shall move on.

 

As a child, I had no problem guessing the number of dimensions in this reality is unlimited. Facts can be modeled by simulations, but can the be understood? It’s a contradictory grievance: I am using the simulation argument to justify my hypothesis, of only what is important is interesting and only what is interesting is important. Even worse: It becomes such a strong hypothesis, because I wish so.

 

I have no foundations to believe that in every case, what is wanted finally happens. And I mean beyond human ignorance of what is utterly wanted. I also have no foundations to believe that laws of nature as harmonic or trustworthy, instead of arbitrarily ever-changing. That, for instance, is a pervasive wishful thinking from scientists. Simplicity, and beauty: Those were the commandments of modern physics. I think the only thing I have left is to resist.

 

A political battle ends up approaching when you try to warn instructors and colleagues about superficiality or, put in different words, shallowness.

No comments: